Did you know March was once widely accepted as the first month of the year? Even today it still marks the beginning of the New Year in many cultures and religions.
It originated in the Roman Calendar Year where it was named after the presumed ‘god of war’ for whom the planet Mars was also named after. Scholars debate whether January became recognized as the first month in the Roman calendar under King Numa Pompilius circa 713 BC or later under the Decemvirs around 450 BC.
Russia maintained March as the 1st month of the year until the end of the 15th century.
Great Britain and it’s colonies continued to use March 25 to mark the beginning of the New Year until 1752 when they adopted the Gregorian calendar.
Posted in Historical and tagged god of war, March, March Madness, Maritius, Mars, Martian, Martitia, Mythology, Roman Calendar by Brent with 1 comment.
Ethernet, which is the collective technologies of medium used to transmit data at the physical layer of our beloved Internet, derived its name from a concept held popular among physicist during the late 19th century – Luminiferous aether.
It has been said that the very idea of luminiferous aether, the invisible medium by which all light travels through, has been cut out of the scientific communities’ acceptace by “Occam’s razor”. However, reasoning along the lines of that razor means the pathetic acceptance of whatever seems rational instead of actually coming to know truth. This is how the theory of helio-centricity was introduced by Copernicus and devilishly hoisted upon the minds of men, and why it still remains a persistant detractor from the real truth of geo-centricity.
I heartily laugh at all this while the sun orbits me through light-bearing aether – for a little razor is no match for my mighty sword. 🙂
Posted in BrenT's ThoughtS, Historical, Technology by Brent with no comments yet.
Posted in Historical, Jesus Revolution and tagged bible stories, City of Ninevah, Day of Atonement, forgiveness, Jesus is the sacrificial lamb of God, Jesus made atonement for our sins by His death on the cross, Jesus Revolution, Jonah, Jonah and the Whale, price of sin, repentance, Yom Kippur by Brent with no comments yet.
Today I’m happy to share that one of my all time favorite YouTube videos also happens to be about my favorite holiday!
Yes – Pesach, the ‘Feast of Passover’, is one of my favorite celebrations of the year!
Thank you to all my Israeli family out there who have invited me for all the seder meals over the years. I cherish all our times spent together and will never forget you guys. I miss and love you! Watch and be Joyfull, Hag Sameah!!
You are always in my prayers as I ask G-d to make your life complete because your Messiah paid for your wealth, health, joy, and eternal life with His own blood sacrifice. That is how much G-d loves His children!!
It’s because of this great Messiah that I love you too,
Posted in Historical, Jesus Revolution and tagged Angel of Death, ben dunn, blood sacrifice, God, Israel, Jesus Revolution, love, Messiah, Passover, Pesach by Brent with 1 comment.
I have studied a great deal about certian giants which are weird (demonic) hybrid offspring of fallen angels and human women. They are known as the Nephilim.
The interbreeding into the human race was a strategic attempt by satan to pervert the bloodline of humans for the purpose of further corrupting God’s people and preventing my Lord Jesus from being born of the pure and royal blood line of which He descended from despite these irruptions.
This satanic attempt at defiling God’s people happened both before the Great Flood and after the Flood.
Only Noah and his family who had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Genesis 6:9) were kept alive during God’s flood in which He used to wipe out this sinful and intermixed race of people. The iniquity (sin which had passed down from generation to generation) in the days of Noah had reach its peak when God said, “My Spirit shall not always strive with man.”
Later in scripture we learn of nephelim opposing God when they occupied ancient Jericho city.
They were then destroyed when God gave this land of Jericho (“The Promised Land”) to the Hebrew children. In opposition to God’s will, the Canaanites had involved themselves in baal worship. (…which continues today, its heavy influence being seen in pornography and the permission of abortion) As sinfullness increased among the Canaanites giving way to greater demonic activity, fallen angels began to breed with mankind again as it had occurred in the days of Noah. God used Israel to drive out these wicked people-turned-nephelim who occupied the land which belongs to Him and forbid Israel to save alive any of that city’s horribly corrupt (morally and genetically) inhabitants.
Again, the nephilim where found at the time which David became King over Israel. The tribe of the Philistines who where sworn enemies of Israel also had in them such mixture of fallen angel with humans. Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. There is now record of Goliath’s family, both in the Bible and in archaeological findings, showing that they where indeed giants and literal freaks of nature. One of Goliath’s kinsmen was recorded as having six fingers and six toes.
The Hebrew word Nephelim (plural of nephel) (Nephilim) literally means “rejects”.
It appears that these fallen angels were active all over the world and are found echoed in the legends and myths of nearly every ancient culture. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, the Hindus, the South Sea Islanders, the American Indians, and most all the others have these legends.
What about giants in the land today??
Genesis 6:1-8 which I have copied below for reference is far more than simply a historical record. The unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of Jesus’ words regarding His second coming, which can be found in Luke 17:26 and also in Mathew 24:37 which says, “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.”
“Sons of God” in the following passages are well recognized as “angels of God” of which could be interpreted from the original text as well as noted in context. (or understood from divine revelation)
Genesis 6: 1-8 Original KJV:
1. And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence
12. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
As In The Days of Noah – Misty Edwards
God says, “My people perish from lack of knowledge.”
Because it is not His will that any should perish, He gave us every amazing word of the Bible to study and meditate on. From this we are able to gain wisdom and even knowledge of eternal life.
God says in His word, “If any man lack Wisdom let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally” We also learn from the Bible that, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
Jesus was the word of God made manifest in the earth, He only did and spoke out what He saw and heard His father in heaven doing and speaking. His words are Life to those who find it!!!
The Bible gives us these words of life, “For God so loved the world that the sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
So…. we need not perish, but instead have eternal life through Jesus who also said, ” Freely you have received, now freely give…”
If we speak His words, we speak eternal life to those around us just as He did and taught us to also do. God’s Word also says, “how can they know unless they have been told??” and again, “Go into all the earth and proclaim the good news, even to the ends of the earth!!”
This makes known the importance of reading and studying God’s Word, to better know Jesus since He and His Word are one and to be able to share Him with others. For what can you give away that you don’t truly possess?
This is why God says, “Hide my word in your heart” …because what’s in you will surely come out of you!!
Posted in Historical and tagged Giants, God, Goliath, Israel, Luke 17:26, Men of Renown, Nephelim, Nephilim, Nephlim, Noah, Promise Land, rainbow, The Flood, The Last Days by Brent with 4 comments.
i am brent.
On this personal site of mine you’ll find some of these topics:
- Truth is stranger than fiction, conspiracy theories aren’t theories when they get proven
- All about our content driven Internet and about the world of web logging, aka bloggin’
- My online journey from the very beginning of blogging history on the internet to becoming an internet rockstar
About My Guitars
- Featuring all 9 of my beautiful babes, and other stuff about music equipment
- Art can stimulate and bless your mind and soul
- Creating our own art, as well as enjoying and sharing other’s art can really enhance out lives
Featured Websites That I love
- Online resources that benefit my life, hope they’ll benefit yours too
- Because I am into healthy living, and I like to study and learn about everything related to holistic health
- One of my start-up project goals is the opening of a health and wellness facility
- I have crazy experiences with God and angels and seeing wild miracles happen.
Business Projects of Mine
- Fashion design and retail, e-commerce
- NeevusOS – my own GNU/Linux computer operating system
- Building a worldwide online social network
- How I define lifestyle design – “Creating a life lived with purpose, on purpose.”
- Tips and Ideas for helping you create the life you want
- Living life to the full, with adventure, and with great success
- Our world is so fascinating and want to experience it all and share all I can with other’s about the amazing cultural history, languages, sites to see, and peoples of our world.
- I’m a music junky! Funk, Soul, Blues, Country, Alt-Rock, Rap – give me all of it, but none of the super cheesy commercial stuff
- I play guitar and write songs
Technology and Science
- Of course I can write a lot about both technology and science since they are some of my most passionate interest from an early childhood, beginning with the electronic kits and science kits that were my best friends growing up.
- I dig crazy and fun stuff and I know how to sew and create stuff too, NeevusFashion is my creation
- My dogs are my best friends and I have always loved animals
- I want horses again, they were a part of my childhood and honestly I won’t consider my life a total success until the day I have a ranch home with at least two horses to ride
Poetry, Autobiographical Stories, and Articles I Write
- Expressing myself with poetry comes easy for me, I owe this to having read so much in my lifetime, especially as a child, and also because of practice.
- I enjoyed writing to get my point across, and my writings have been featured here and there both credited and as a ghost writer.
- My lifetime includes some pretty crazy adventure stories and I expect more to come, so there’s plenty to write about! I’m working on turning my private journals into an autobiography which I’ll publish here as blog posts.
Thanks for coming by, stay tuned for all of this and more…
Posted in Art, Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Business, Coffee, Family, Fashion, Featured Websites, Films, Health, Historical, Jesus Revolution, Music, Poetry, Science, Technology, Travel, Various Miscellaneous and tagged 1995, 2009, 2010, Alvarez Electric, austin, Australia, Ben and Stephanie Dun, ben brown, Bible, Billy Corgan, birthday, bluehosting.com, brent, brent christian, BrenT's ThoughtS, brigette, Caleb Christian, cd release, Cinta, cloud computing, Divine Appointments, dot coms, end abortion, Facebook, Family, fasting, favorite band, favorite holiday, fun, Gabriel, Glory, God, God.Tv, google, google is the devil, google sux, healing power, I am a genius, Indonesia, Israel, Jesus Christ Superstar, Jesus Revolution, Jesus saves all, John and Lily Crowder, Joshia, Kenya, Kim Walker, Lecrae, leper colonies, life, Life of the Party, life questions, Linux, make money online, Mark Gajiwala, Misty Edwards, Mr. Wizard, new beginnings, Newsboys, North Holywood, one post to rule them all, Opensource Software, Oriental Teas, Oversold The Movie, Passion of the Christ, real estate, Something About Sunday, Starla Christian, tourism, wired by Brent with no comments yet.
It’s an amazing time for the world as Israel celebrates it’s 60th year since declaring itself an independent state on 14 May 1948! (you can read more of this event as reported by the BCC.)
I’M GOING TO ISRAEL!
Yes! I’m really going to Israel… I will be leaving on May 11th, Mother’s Day and arrive on May 12th, the prophesied time the Holy Spirit told me that I would be there! …exactly one year from the day He told me as well. It’s taken a miracle to get me there and I won’t be surprised if it will take one to get me back 🙂 Thank you Jesus!
Pray for my safety, for angels to travel with me, and for nothing to get in the way of the divine appointments ahead.
Posted in Biography, Historical, Jesus Revolution, Travel and tagged Israel, Israel's 60th Year Anniversary, Jesus Revolution, May, traveling by Brent with no comments yet.