About This Site
i am brent.
On this personal site of mine you’ll find some of these topics:
- Truth is stranger than fiction, conspiracy theories aren’t theories when they get proven
- All about our content driven Internet and about the world of web logging, aka bloggin’
- My online journey from the very beginning of blogging history on the internet to becoming an internet rockstar
Recording Engineering and Production
- Guitar: Featuring all 9 of my beautiful babes, and other stuff about guitar equipment.
- Getting the best from using technology without losing the soul of the song.
- Art can stimulate and bless your mind and soul
- Creating our own art, as well as enjoying and sharing other’s art can really enhance our lives
Featured Websites That I love
- Online resources that benefit my life, hope they’ll benefit yours too
- Because I am into healthy living, and I like to study and learn about everything related to holistic health
- One of my start-up project goals is the opening of a health and wellness facility
- I have crazy experiences with God and angels and seeing wild miracles happen.
Business Projects of Mine
- Fashion design and retail, e-commerce
- NeevusOS – my own GNU/Linux computer operating system
- Building a worldwide online social network
- How I define lifestyle design – “Creating a life lived with purpose, on purpose.”
- Tips and Ideas for helping you create the life you want
- Living life to the full, with adventure, and with great success
- Our world is so fascinating and want to experience it all and share all I can with other’s about the amazing cultural history, languages, sites to see, and peoples of our world.
- I’m a music junky! Funk, Soul, Blues, Country, Alt-Rock, Rap – give me all of it, but none of the super cheesy commercial stuff
- Will be showcasing the musical works of my favorite artist and discussing music art in general
- I play guitar and write songs, maybe I’ll share ; )
Technology and Science
- Of course I can write a lot about both technology and science since they are some of my most passionate interest from an early childhood, beginning with the electronic kits and science kits that were my best friends growing up.
- Because I dig crazy and fun fashions and enjoy to sewing and creating stuff too, of course I’ll be talking all about this subject as well — and BTW…
- I’m the founder of NeevusFashion, check it out!
- My dogs are my best friends and I have always loved animals, expect animal photos and stories to be featured.
- I really want horses again, they were a part of my childhood and honestly I won’t consider my life a total success until the day I have a ranch home with at least two horses to ride.
Poetry, Autobiographical Stories, and Articles I Write
- Expressing myself with poetry comes easy for me, I owe this to having read so much in my lifetime, especially as a child, and also because of practice, I guess – Idk but..
- I enjoyed writing to get my point across, and my writings have been featured here and there, both credited and as a ghost writer.
- My lifetime includes some pretty crazy adventure stories and I expect more to come, so there’s plenty to write about in this regard! So I’m working on turning my private journals into an autobiography which I’ll publish here as blog posts.
Thanks for coming by, stay tuned for all of this and more…
Posted in Art, Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Business, Coffee, Family, Fashion, Featured Websites, Films, Health, Historical, Jesus Revolution, Music, Poetry, Science, Technology, Travel, Various Miscellaneous and tagged 1995, 2009, 2010, Alvarez Electric, austin, Australia, Ben and Stephanie Dun, ben brown, Bible, Billy Corgan, birthday, bluehosting.com, brent, brent christian, BrenT's ThoughtS, brigette, Caleb Christian, cd release, Cinta, cloud computing, Divine Appointments, dot coms, end abortion, Facebook, Family, fasting, favorite band, favorite holiday, fun, Gabriel, Glory, God, God.Tv, google, google is the devil, google sux, healing power, I am a genius, Indonesia, Israel, Jesus Christ Superstar, Jesus Revolution, Jesus saves all, John and Lily Crowder, Joshia, Kenya, Kim Walker, Lecrae, leper colonies, life, Life of the Party, life questions, Linux, make money online, Mark Gajiwala, Misty Edwards, Mr. Wizard, new beginnings, Newsboys, North Holywood, one post to rule them all, Opensource Software, Oriental Teas, Oversold The Movie, Passion of the Christ, real estate, Something About Sunday, Starla Christian, tourism, wired by Brent with no comments yet.
welcome to my online turf… www.brentchristian.com. it’s nice to be back after almost 8 years of not being online! i certianly couldn’t foresee (or even scarcely imagine) being away for so long! i have been a computer junkie since 9 yrs old and i ‘lived’ online well before the internet was widely available. while it seems the idea of even having an ‘online identity’ is still a rather new concept for many, i was keen to the idea back in 1993 which makes me seem old since it may be difficult for you to imagine life without the internet now, however i’m only 29 years old. my personal site started out hosted on my own server thanx to an old box running Slackware 1.7 and it died shortly after my last post on 7/7/01. i miss all the cool people and the good vibes of those who where web journaling back before the Pyra folks started calling us ‘bloggers’. if you check out some of those old websites courtesy of the way back machine you’ll see what i mean… or umm probably not, it’s one of those things where you like had to be there. anyways, i love/hate computers and have been working with them since 1988, i used to run up the phone bill dialing BBSs and actually miss those times (not the 1200 baud connection though, or monochrome screens). the sad thing was that i was still playing on BBSs when radiply more and more than just an elite few started to enjoy the ‘world wide web’ and with higher and higher speeds, mind you; while i was stuck out in a small rural town literally chomping at the bit. when i finally got set free from small town hell i started my own computer company during the dot com pre crunch era… ahhh where am i now ….and what am i talking about?? wow this is seriously ancient boring stuff, but i bet you read at least 90% of it. that is time you’ll never get back my friend, hope you don’t mind LOL!! next time read faster using spreeder.com. …ohh yeah, i would call myself the ‘internet rock star’ if that title didn’t properly belong to ben brown.
enjoy my new personal site www.brentchristian.com and thanx for visiting, you big reader you!!
peace out – brent
Posted in Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Technology and tagged 1993, 1995, BBS, ben brown, bloggers, brent christian, computer history, online, prya, slow connections, web dev, web developer, web journal, web log, weblog by Brent with no comments yet.
The Economics of Giving It Away
If you are you guilty of looking to web dev projects as a means for producing your multi-million dollar money tree you’ll probably (or probably not) be interested in this facing-the-facts article from Chris Anderson, the Editor in Chief of Wired Magazine:
The Economics of Giving It Away
(…I really like the article-complementing-image by John Kuczala, LOL)
It’s absolutely funny to me that companies are still figuring out which business models work and which don’t out here in the world wide web. Also amazing is that most people still don’t understand that real money made on the web has still not been realized in 10 years worth of flaming pies-in-the-sky and dot-com-hype. It’s especially strange to me that, after coming back from being almost completely unplugged from the internet world for nearly 5 years, i’m not seeing anything much has changed other than the amount of purpose driven, content driven, or/and otherwise just cool sites have been almost swallowed up in junk-for-content sites which are now over consuming what would have been perfectly good bandwidth… (it would have been a grave sin in 1995 to allow a lot of this www waste to be published).
I am really happy though to finally see standards compliant web browsers and design elements being separated from content.
Ohhh and now comes cloud computing!! LOL when it rains it pours?!
Posted in BrenT's ThoughtS and tagged 1995, brent christian, cloud computing, dot com, dot coms, economy, internet, internet startups, start-ups, tech companies, web 2.0, web design, web dev, web development, wired by Brent with no comments yet.