“It’s My Birthday, I Can Blog If I Want To”
Thank for visiting my site and for all the gifts in the mail, emails, FB messages, etc, that have been flooding in…
i love you all!
Turning 31 years old marks 10 years since quite a few momentous occurrences in the life of Brent, so i’ll kick this post off with a list of some of those events mixed in with other trivial facts…
10 Years Ago in the Life of Brent at Age 21:
- i was full of piss and vinegar.
- smoked cigarettes and cig-a-weed
- drove a little cute but extremely loud blue CRX.
- moved to Austin, TX and subsequently began an 8 year tenure of living there.
- didn’t know many people outside my peer group, but was eager to meet new people
- witnessed 2 of my grandparent’s departure from planet earth to go be with Jesus.
- began cross training for endurance sports, just after rehabilitation from serious injury.
- spent a lot of time (sometimes romantically) entertaining best friend Krystal Kay!
- launched the website you’re browsing now, www.brentchristian.com
- began using Linux, exclusively, as my desktop platform.
- became of U.S. legal age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
- started my first business, BCS – Brent’s Computer Services.
- formed acoustic-wanting-to-be-rock-n-roll band with friends Monte Peck and Derick.
ok, let’s see what has changed about your’s truly by contrasting the above with this…
Brent at age 31:
- full of the Holy Spirit!
- only ‘toking the Ghost’
- drives a Jeep Cherokee and a Toyota Corolla.
- been traveling a lot since leaving TX for the East Coast. (2 years ago last month) currently living in VA, and soon to take on a completely nomadic lifestyle.
- have made friends with the most outrageously fun and intelligent people i could find from all over the world.
- witnessed the birth of my 1st nephew.
- kept up endurance excercise on and off over the years, but getting more serious about it again as I begin to train for this exciting event – http://www.nationalmarathon.com/
- single, not a playboy anymore, knows how to treat women, and got my eyes on ‘the one’.
- just made a commitment to keep www.brentchristian.com freshly updated and will also be bringing all the original content love back onboard.
- still using Linux, i’m a genius working with it now.
- rarely consuming alcohol these days, but looking foward to a drinking a Guiness tonight for my b-day (mm …they’re so good for you, ya know)
- quit working with computers for a couple of years (as a proffesion) until earlier this year. launching a consulting business, just as I did 10 years ago!
- still playing guitar!!
I don’t even have plans about what i’ll do today yet, but i don’t really care… i’m just so excited to be alive that just about anything will suit my day. why is that? …because everyday is like a birthday for me!! (complete with cake even, thanx to the lovely Mrs Vera Mills who consistently bakes delightful cakes and other goodies for me nearly each week.) i could spent time on any one of my many projects and be thrilled about it. so far, i’ve been up since 5 A.M. working away, and having a blast at it! yeah!! i celebrate life everyday i wake up, and each and every day i’m thankful to God for another one.
if i have a day like today tomorrow i’ll be just as overjoyed as I’ve been all day today!
Now many of you may be thinking, “why is this guy so ding-dong happy about his life?” … well, seriously get to know me and it will only be a matter of time before you understand. In fact you might find yourself in daily celebratory bliss as well, because this Joy is contagious.
And for those of you who think you know me well and are also asking the same question; perhaps doubting my genuine happiness… what question you really need to be asking yourself instead is, “do i even know this brent guy anymore”, cause you aren’t nearly as close to me as you think you are! Most likely you are stuck with some past memory of me, have misjudged my life, or may even be in error on both accounts. Several instances of late come to mind in which people who i should have a closer relationship with, including family, have asked about my welfare, asked about my future, asked about what i’m going to do with my life, etc, etc. hilariously to me, they’ve been asking as if they are worried about me… meanwhile, i’m living it up over here and loving life! yesterday after fielding some of these questions over the phone, i just laughed my head off afterwards… ooh what a difference perspective makes. i know this person meant well, but i wish they’d get a clue! ok, so that’s my birthday wish! …that people who i love will take the effort to get to know me better, that they will see my life in the new light that it’s been brought into. Hint: anyone who truly knows Jesus will understand what i mean here. …ya know how life with Him only get better with each passing day!?
i rarely ask for anything on my birthday. i really have most everything i want. of the things i would like to acquire, most of the items are somewhat eclectic items which i could never feel comfortable asking anyone to go out of their way to obtain. things like rare documentaries, books, electronics, etc. basically stuff that is pretty specific. because i don’t like telling someone exactly what i want when it’s a gift, i don’t. i rather be surprised with something i like than have to tell someone exactly what to buy me, that’s just lame! people who have a sincere relationship with you know what you like. that’s why true friends are usually the ones who give the most memorable gifts.
i can’t even remember any birthday wishes of prior years, but this year i’ve got some that certainly take the cake… i think it’s cause my mind has been on super-hyper-over-drive lately. some of you would be fast to quip, “…well isn’t it always”? yes. true. …but, this time my mind has REALLY gone off the charts people! now that just might scare some of you, but trust me it’s being channeled into 100% quality productiveness this time around. so, more on that later in upcoming post and to be seen else where online when i finally begin launching the handful of projects scheduled for release over the next few months. for now, suffice it to say that i’ll be putting up something around 20+ new tasty websites.
ok, still following along?? …umm yeah, birthday wishes… i actually have some this year!
when my mom asked me about what i might want, i joked with her about wanting a specific special woman for my b-day… only, i seriously wasn’t joking! spending time with her is all i want to do and would certainly make this birthday boy’s day a truly special one! …so there’s day-dream # 1…
my 2nd wish has now also turned into a daydream… what else i’m seriously wishing for is too HUGE to plan *this* year… i have this fantastic dream of calling up ALL my friends from all over the world and flying them into NY for a party! …and i’m talking about everyone i know! so yeah, kinda a big dream and a little expensive too. nevertheless, it’s fun to imagine what a crazy combination of beautiful people it would be and to see my favorite people all in one place getting to know each other would be really awesome.
i’ve always subscribed to the philosophy that people, whether deserving or not, should be able to ‘have their cake and eat it too’…this mentality applied to vision says to me, ‘what good purpose are those dreams without ever seeing them realized… don’t let the cake just go to waste while looking at it, you idiot!” LOL …so be certain that i’ll remain a busy boy from now on with not only day-dreaming about those b-day wishes, but also plotting, planning, and scheming up ways to make both these awesome dreams come true! …and how about by 32?!
until then… what i’m asking for, is for everyone who i love to give me at least an hour on the phone with them!
…”what?! an entire hour.. is he crazy?!” well, of course i’m crazy! ok, i realize in our busy world, an hour may seem to be asking a lot …but consider that i’ll really be the one giving up the most time by putting this idea into practice, especially in my case. being the oldest of 7 siblings gives me 2 hours with my sisters, 4 hours of brothers, and another 2 for Mom and Dad, which totals 9 hours worth of talk time just for family!
oops… this simpler wish also comes with a little bit of complication, which is that i cannot be available to talk on the phone until mid month October! so, i’m asking for commitments instead.
“commitments!! …yikes; what a frightening word! …see, he really is crazy!”
well if that scares you, i bid thee farewell… for we have actually nearly reached the end of today’s blog journey here anyways and i do hope you enjoyed it! many thanx for joining along with me for this lengthy birthday rant!! leave your questions, comments, blah, blah, etc. in the box down below.
…for those brave souls wanting to chat it up with me over the phone as suggested, i’ve gone and made it super simple for you to grant my birthday by pledging to giving me a chunk of your phone time. just use the handy lil widget below to schedule a time and leave a message. (…and, no, it doesn’t have to be an hour!)
[ Yikes!! This calendar schedule widget area is broken… but that’s ok, it’s not my birthday anymore! …and I don’t need random stalkers looking me up anymore 🙂 ]
while i mostly look forward to spending some time with close friends or family, those of you who are regular readers and would sincerely like to get to know me more here’s your chance. When using the app above to schedule a phone meeting, please leave some additional notes about why your interested in contacting me though. – thanx!
ok, after proofreading this article i’m going for a nap and then out to eat!!
woa, what’s that i hear?!? … a package delivery! …hooray for Birthday presents!!
[thank you Janice for all the shoobie doobie stuff, and who would have thought, a delicious birthday cupcake in the mail – wow funny!]
Thank you lovelies for hanging out with me here ~ blessings on all of you 🙂
Posted in Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS and tagged austin, birthday, BrenT's ThoughtS, God, miracles, web journal by Brent with 2 comments.
The Feast of Passover Brings Joy to Our Doors
Today I’m happy to share that one of my all time favorite YouTube videos also happens to be about my favorite holiday!
Yes – Pesach, the ‘Feast of Passover’, is one of my favorite celebrations of the year!
Thank you to all my Israeli family out there who have invited me for all the seder meals over the years. I cherish all our times spent together and will never forget you guys. I miss and love you! Watch and be Joyfull, Hag Sameah!!
You are always in my prayers as I ask G-d to make your life complete because your Messiah paid for your wealth, health, joy, and eternal life with His own blood sacrifice. That is how much G-d loves His children!!
It’s because of this great Messiah that I love you too,
Posted in Historical, Jesus Revolution and tagged Angel of Death, ben dunn, blood sacrifice, God, Israel, Jesus Revolution, love, Messiah, Passover, Pesach by Brent with no comments yet.
What are Nephelim?
I have studied a great deal about certian giants which are weird (demonic) hybrid offspring of fallen angels and human women. They are known as the Nephilim.
The interbreeding into the human race was a strategic attempt by satan to pervert the bloodline of humans for the purpose of further corrupting God’s people and preventing my Lord Jesus from being born of the pure and royal blood line of which He descended from despite these irruptions.
This satanic attempt at defiling God’s people happened both before the Great Flood and after the Flood.
Only Noah and his family who had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Genesis 6:9) were kept alive during God’s flood in which He used to wipe out this sinful and intermixed race of people. The iniquity (sin which had passed down from generation to generation) in the days of Noah had reach its peak when God said, “My Spirit shall not always strive with man.”
Later in scripture we learn of nephelim opposing God when they occupied ancient Jericho city.
They were then destroyed when God gave this land of Jericho (“The Promised Land”) to the Hebrew children. In opposition to God’s will, the Canaanites had involved themselves in baal worship. (…which continues today, its heavy influence being seen in pornography and the permission of abortion) As sinfullness increased among the Canaanites giving way to greater demonic activity, fallen angels began to breed with mankind again as it had occurred in the days of Noah. God used Israel to drive out these wicked people-turned-nephelim who occupied the land which belongs to Him and forbid Israel to save alive any of that city’s horribly corrupt (morally and genetically) inhabitants.
Again, the nephilim where found at the time which David became King over Israel. The tribe of the Philistines who where sworn enemies of Israel also had in them such mixture of fallen angel with humans. Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. There is now record of Goliath’s family, both in the Bible and in archaeological findings, showing that they where indeed giants and literal freaks of nature. One of Goliath’s kinsmen was recorded as having six fingers and six toes.
The Hebrew word Nephelim (plural of nephel) (Nephilim) literally means “rejects”.
It appears that these fallen angels were active all over the world and are found echoed in the legends and myths of nearly every ancient culture. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, the Hindus, the South Sea Islanders, the American Indians, and most all the others have these legends.
What about giants in the land today??
Genesis 6:1-8 which I have copied below for reference is far more than simply a historical record. The unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of Jesus’ words regarding His second coming, which can be found in Luke 17:26 and also in Mathew 24:37 which says, “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.”
“Sons of God” in the following passages are well recognized as “angels of God” of which could be interpreted from the original text as well as noted in context. (or understood from divine revelation)
Genesis 6: 1-8 Original KJV:
1. And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence
12. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
As In The Days of Noah – Misty Edwards
God says, “My people perish from lack of knowledge.”
Because it is not His will that any should perish, He gave us every amazing word of the Bible to study and meditate on. From this we are able to gain wisdom and even knowledge of eternal life.
God says in His word, “If any man lack Wisdom let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally” We also learn from the Bible that, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
Jesus was the word of God made manifest in the earth, He only did and spoke out what He saw and heard His father in heaven doing and speaking. His words are Life to those who find it!!!
The Bible gives us these words of life, “For God so loved the world that the sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
So…. we need not perish, but instead have eternal life through Jesus who also said, ” Freely you have received, now freely give…”
If we speak His words, we speak eternal life to those around us just as He did and taught us to also do. God’s Word also says, “how can they know unless they have been told??” and again, “Go into all the earth and proclaim the good news, even to the ends of the earth!!”
This makes known the importance of reading and studying God’s Word, to better know Jesus since He and His Word are one and to be able to share Him with others. For what can you give away that you don’t truly possess?
This is why God says, “Hide my word in your heart” …because what’s in you will surely come out of you!!
Posted in Historical and tagged Giants, God, Goliath, Israel, Luke 17:26, Men of Renown, Nephelim, Nephilim, Nephlim, Noah, Promise Land, rainbow, The Flood, The Last Days by Brent with 4 comments.
About This Site
i am brent.
On this personal site of mine you’ll find some of these topics:
- Truth is stranger than fiction, conspiracy theories aren’t theories when they get proven
- All about our content driven Internet and about the world of web logging, aka bloggin’
- My online journey from the very beginning of blogging history on the internet to becoming an internet rockstar
Recording Engineering and Production
- Guitar: Featuring all 9 of my beautiful babes, and other stuff about guitar equipment.
- Getting the best from using technology without losing the soul of the song.
- Art can stimulate and bless your mind and soul
- Creating our own art, as well as enjoying and sharing other’s art can really enhance our lives
Featured Websites That I love
- Online resources that benefit my life, hope they’ll benefit yours too
- Because I am into healthy living, and I like to study and learn about everything related to holistic health
- One of my start-up project goals is the opening of a health and wellness facility
- I have crazy experiences with God and angels and seeing wild miracles happen.
Business Projects of Mine
- Fashion design and retail, e-commerce
- NeevusOS – my own GNU/Linux computer operating system
- Building a worldwide online social network
- How I define lifestyle design – “Creating a life lived with purpose, on purpose.”
- Tips and Ideas for helping you create the life you want
- Living life to the full, with adventure, and with great success
- Our world is so fascinating and want to experience it all and share all I can with other’s about the amazing cultural history, languages, sites to see, and peoples of our world.
- I’m a music junky! Funk, Soul, Blues, Country, Alt-Rock, Rap – give me all of it, but none of the super cheesy commercial stuff
- Will be showcasing the musical works of my favorite artist and discussing music art in general
- I play guitar and write songs, maybe I’ll share ; )
Technology and Science
- Of course I can write a lot about both technology and science since they are some of my most passionate interest from an early childhood, beginning with the electronic kits and science kits that were my best friends growing up.
- Because I dig crazy and fun fashions and enjoy to sewing and creating stuff too, of course I’ll be talking all about this subject as well — and BTW…
- I’m the founder of NeevusFashion, check it out!
- My dogs are my best friends and I have always loved animals, expect animal photos and stories to be featured.
- I really want horses again, they were a part of my childhood and honestly I won’t consider my life a total success until the day I have a ranch home with at least two horses to ride.
Poetry, Autobiographical Stories, and Articles I Write
- Expressing myself with poetry comes easy for me, I owe this to having read so much in my lifetime, especially as a child, and also because of practice, I guess – Idk but..
- I enjoyed writing to get my point across, and my writings have been featured here and there, both credited and as a ghost writer.
- My lifetime includes some pretty crazy adventure stories and I expect more to come, so there’s plenty to write about in this regard! So I’m working on turning my private journals into an autobiography which I’ll publish here as blog posts.
Thanks for coming by, stay tuned for all of this and more…
Posted in Art, Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Business, Coffee, Family, Fashion, Featured Websites, Films, Health, Historical, Jesus Revolution, Music, Poetry, Science, Technology, Travel, Various Miscellaneous and tagged 1995, 2009, 2010, Alvarez Electric, austin, Australia, Ben and Stephanie Dun, ben brown, Bible, Billy Corgan, birthday, bluehosting.com, brent, brent christian, BrenT's ThoughtS, brigette, Caleb Christian, cd release, Cinta, cloud computing, Divine Appointments, dot coms, end abortion, Facebook, Family, fasting, favorite band, favorite holiday, fun, Gabriel, Glory, God, God.Tv, google, google is the devil, google sux, healing power, I am a genius, Indonesia, Israel, Jesus Christ Superstar, Jesus Revolution, Jesus saves all, John and Lily Crowder, Joshia, Kenya, Kim Walker, Lecrae, leper colonies, life, Life of the Party, life questions, Linux, make money online, Mark Gajiwala, Misty Edwards, Mr. Wizard, new beginnings, Newsboys, North Holywood, one post to rule them all, Opensource Software, Oriental Teas, Oversold The Movie, Passion of the Christ, real estate, Something About Sunday, Starla Christian, tourism, wired by Brent with no comments yet.
Born to Shine, Not to Fear!!
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
– Marianne Williamson
Posted in Various Miscellaneous and tagged darkness, fear, freedom, God, Jesus Revolution, light, Marianne Williamson, new creature, Yeshua by Brent with no comments yet.
Where you go, I’ll go!!
I love this video from Jesus Culture!
Posted in Jesus Revolution, Music and tagged BrenT's ThoughtS, christian, God, Jesus Culture, Jesus Revolution, joy, Kim Walker, love, Music, passion, video, Yeshua by Brent with no comments yet.
Indonesia Travel Report!
In Indonesia… Heaven opened up and displayed the Glory of God while angels descended worshiping Jesus with us and ministering to us. The blind eyes of people were opened, cancer left people’s bodies, one person received a new liver, many restorations to people’s health conditions!
We had a barbecue for the poor who lived in the cemetery, visited people who were living in the garbage dumps and lifted them up to now live among the princes of His people. We visited a leper colony, which we later renamed “Indah Glory Village”. There we joined in worship at the church, played with the beautiful children, and kissed away the people’s leprosy!! JOY JOY!!
I learned to speak bahasa Indonesia much better than before, enjoyed 3 marvelous days on the beach of Bali and swam in the Indian Ocean for the first time, rode a motor scooter all through the insane Bali nightlife, and stayed in 5 star hotels and at a beach resort even but still managed to dig into the realities of Indonesia’s ‘working class’ people where I made many friends.
The amazing local servants of God joined with us in demonstrating the Kingdom of Heaven to the lost, broken, hurting, and dying world. The Jesus lovers we met there are radical for Him and are living in God’s presence under 24/7 open Heaven. They have become my forever friends from Surabaya, Jakarta, and Bali.
Also made many new forever friends from Australia and the US who are such truly amazing Jesus lovers too! We all witnessed so many signs, wonders, and miracles! We all experienced Joy unspeakable!
We all drank and stayed wasted off the new wine of Heaven – the blood of Jesus!!
His love is better than wine shhhaaakkkkkkkaa!!!
THANK YOU JESUS
Posted in Jesus Revolution, Travel and tagged Bali, BrenT's ThoughtS, fun, Glory, God, Heaven, Indonesia, Jakarta, Jesus Revolution, joy, love, miracles, Mission Trip, Surabaya, Travel, traveling, Yeshua by Brent with 1 comment.
The Elijah Revolution
The Elijah Revolution:
After God sent me to participate in The Call – D.C. held in Washington D.C. on August 16th 2008, I became part of this exciting movement and dedicated myself to a lifestyle of prayer and fasting!
The Call – http://www.thecall.com/
Posted in Jesus Revolution and tagged abortion, end abortion, fasting, gay marriage, God, homosexuality, Jesus Revolution, laws of california, prayer. lou engle, prophetic, proposition 8, revival, stop abortion, the call, Yeshua by Brent with no comments yet.
Jesus is Awesome – The New Estatics Continues!
I’m going to indonesia with these guys in September!
Check out my travel page for more details about my our trip!
Posted in Jesus Revolution, Travel and tagged benjamin dunn, drunk, getting drunk, getting high, God, high, holy spirit, Jesus Revolution, john crowder, joy, joy revolution, miracles by Brent with 2 comments.
The Call DC – August 16th – End Abortion
This awesome event brought me to the D.C. area where I now live.
The Call D.C.
Eddie James – Calling for ‘Holy Visitation’ to our generation:
Background image used under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License
Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626912@N02/5229944423/ | Author: michael9001
Posted in Jesus Revolution and tagged abortion laws, end abortion, fasting, God, jesus movement, Jesus Revolution, justice, lou engle, mike bickle, prayer, pro choice, pro life, Yeshua by Brent with no comments yet.