“It’s My Birthday, I Can Blog If I Want To”
Thank for visiting my site and for all the gifts in the mail, emails, FB messages, etc, that have been flooding in…
i love you all!
Turning 31 years old marks 10 years since quite a few momentous occurrences in the life of Brent, so i’ll kick this post off with a list of some of those events mixed in with other trivial facts…
10 Years Ago in the Life of Brent at Age 21:
- i was full of piss and vinegar.
- smoked cigarettes and cig-a-weed
- drove a little cute but extremely loud blue CRX.
- moved to Austin, TX and subsequently began an 8 year tenure of living there.
- didn’t know many people outside my peer group, but was eager to meet new people
- witnessed 2 of my grandparent’s departure from planet earth to go be with Jesus.
- began cross training for endurance sports, just after rehabilitation from serious injury.
- spent a lot of time (sometimes romantically) entertaining best friend Krystal Kay!
- launched the website you’re browsing now, www.brentchristian.com
- began using Linux, exclusively, as my desktop platform.
- became of U.S. legal age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
- started my first business, BCS – Brent’s Computer Services.
- formed acoustic-wanting-to-be-rock-n-roll band with friends Monte Peck and Derick.
ok, let’s see what has changed about your’s truly by contrasting the above with this…
Brent at age 31:
- full of the Holy Spirit!
- only ‘toking the Ghost’
- drives a Jeep Cherokee and a Toyota Corolla.
- been traveling a lot since leaving TX for the East Coast. (2 years ago last month) currently living in VA, and soon to take on a completely nomadic lifestyle.
- have made friends with the most outrageously fun and intelligent people i could find from all over the world.
- witnessed the birth of my 1st nephew.
- kept up endurance excercise on and off over the years, but getting more serious about it again as I begin to train for this exciting event – http://www.nationalmarathon.com/
- single, not a playboy anymore, knows how to treat women, and got my eyes on ‘the one’.
- just made a commitment to keep www.brentchristian.com freshly updated and will also be bringing all the original content love back onboard.
- still using Linux, i’m a genius working with it now.
- rarely consuming alcohol these days, but looking foward to a drinking a Guiness tonight for my b-day (mm …they’re so good for you, ya know)
- quit working with computers for a couple of years (as a proffesion) until earlier this year. launching a consulting business, just as I did 10 years ago!
- still playing guitar!!
I don’t even have plans about what i’ll do today yet, but i don’t really care… i’m just so excited to be alive that just about anything will suit my day. why is that? …because everyday is like a birthday for me!! (complete with cake even, thanx to the lovely Mrs Vera Mills who consistently bakes delightful cakes and other goodies for me nearly each week.) i could spent time on any one of my many projects and be thrilled about it. so far, i’ve been up since 5 A.M. working away, and having a blast at it! yeah!! i celebrate life everyday i wake up, and each and every day i’m thankful to God for another one.
if i have a day like today tomorrow i’ll be just as overjoyed as I’ve been all day today!
Now many of you may be thinking, “why is this guy so ding-dong happy about his life?” … well, seriously get to know me and it will only be a matter of time before you understand. In fact you might find yourself in daily celebratory bliss as well, because this Joy is contagious.
And for those of you who think you know me well and are also asking the same question; perhaps doubting my genuine happiness… what question you really need to be asking yourself instead is, “do i even know this brent guy anymore”, cause you aren’t nearly as close to me as you think you are! Most likely you are stuck with some past memory of me, have misjudged my life, or may even be in error on both accounts. Several instances of late come to mind in which people who i should have a closer relationship with, including family, have asked about my welfare, asked about my future, asked about what i’m going to do with my life, etc, etc. hilariously to me, they’ve been asking as if they are worried about me… meanwhile, i’m living it up over here and loving life! yesterday after fielding some of these questions over the phone, i just laughed my head off afterwards… ooh what a difference perspective makes. i know this person meant well, but i wish they’d get a clue! ok, so that’s my birthday wish! …that people who i love will take the effort to get to know me better, that they will see my life in the new light that it’s been brought into. Hint: anyone who truly knows Jesus will understand what i mean here. …ya know how life with Him only get better with each passing day!?
i rarely ask for anything on my birthday. i really have most everything i want. of the things i would like to acquire, most of the items are somewhat eclectic items which i could never feel comfortable asking anyone to go out of their way to obtain. things like rare documentaries, books, electronics, etc. basically stuff that is pretty specific. because i don’t like telling someone exactly what i want when it’s a gift, i don’t. i rather be surprised with something i like than have to tell someone exactly what to buy me, that’s just lame! people who have a sincere relationship with you know what you like. that’s why true friends are usually the ones who give the most memorable gifts.
i can’t even remember any birthday wishes of prior years, but this year i’ve got some that certainly take the cake… i think it’s cause my mind has been on super-hyper-over-drive lately. some of you would be fast to quip, “…well isn’t it always”? yes. true. …but, this time my mind has REALLY gone off the charts people! now that just might scare some of you, but trust me it’s being channeled into 100% quality productiveness this time around. so, more on that later in upcoming post and to be seen else where online when i finally begin launching the handful of projects scheduled for release over the next few months. for now, suffice it to say that i’ll be putting up something around 20+ new tasty websites.
ok, still following along?? …umm yeah, birthday wishes… i actually have some this year!
when my mom asked me about what i might want, i joked with her about wanting a specific special woman for my b-day… only, i seriously wasn’t joking! spending time with her is all i want to do and would certainly make this birthday boy’s day a truly special one! …so there’s day-dream # 1…
my 2nd wish has now also turned into a daydream… what else i’m seriously wishing for is too HUGE to plan *this* year… i have this fantastic dream of calling up ALL my friends from all over the world and flying them into NY for a party! …and i’m talking about everyone i know! so yeah, kinda a big dream and a little expensive too. nevertheless, it’s fun to imagine what a crazy combination of beautiful people it would be and to see my favorite people all in one place getting to know each other would be really awesome.
i’ve always subscribed to the philosophy that people, whether deserving or not, should be able to ‘have their cake and eat it too’…this mentality applied to vision says to me, ‘what good purpose are those dreams without ever seeing them realized… don’t let the cake just go to waste while looking at it, you idiot!” LOL …so be certain that i’ll remain a busy boy from now on with not only day-dreaming about those b-day wishes, but also plotting, planning, and scheming up ways to make both these awesome dreams come true! …and how about by 32?!
until then… what i’m asking for, is for everyone who i love to give me at least an hour on the phone with them!
…”what?! an entire hour.. is he crazy?!” well, of course i’m crazy! ok, i realize in our busy world, an hour may seem to be asking a lot …but consider that i’ll really be the one giving up the most time by putting this idea into practice, especially in my case. being the oldest of 7 siblings gives me 2 hours with my sisters, 4 hours of brothers, and another 2 for Mom and Dad, which totals 9 hours worth of talk time just for family!
oops… this simpler wish also comes with a little bit of complication, which is that i cannot be available to talk on the phone until mid month October! so, i’m asking for commitments instead.
“commitments!! …yikes; what a frightening word! …see, he really is crazy!”
well if that scares you, i bid thee farewell… for we have actually nearly reached the end of today’s blog journey here anyways and i do hope you enjoyed it! many thanx for joining along with me for this lengthy birthday rant!! leave your questions, comments, blah, blah, etc. in the box down below.
…for those brave souls wanting to chat it up with me over the phone as suggested, i’ve gone and made it super simple for you to grant my birthday by pledging to giving me a chunk of your phone time. just use the handy lil widget below to schedule a time and leave a message. (…and, no, it doesn’t have to be an hour!)
[ Yikes!! This calendar schedule widget area is broken… but that’s ok, it’s not my birthday anymore! …and I don’t need random stalkers looking me up anymore 🙂 ]
while i mostly look forward to spending some time with close friends or family, those of you who are regular readers and would sincerely like to get to know me more here’s your chance. When using the app above to schedule a phone meeting, please leave some additional notes about why your interested in contacting me though. – thanx!
ok, after proofreading this article i’m going for a nap and then out to eat!!
woa, what’s that i hear?!? … a package delivery! …hooray for Birthday presents!!
[thank you Janice for all the shoobie doobie stuff, and who would have thought, a delicious birthday cupcake in the mail – wow funny!]
Thank you lovelies for hanging out with me here ~ blessings on all of you 🙂
Posted in Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS and tagged austin, birthday, BrenT's ThoughtS, God, miracles, web journal by Brent with 2 comments.
About This Site
i am brent.
On this personal site of mine you’ll find some of these topics:
- Truth is stranger than fiction, conspiracy theories aren’t theories when they get proven
- All about our content driven Internet and about the world of web logging, aka bloggin’
- My online journey from the very beginning of blogging history on the internet to becoming an internet rockstar
Recording Engineering and Production
- Guitar: Featuring all 9 of my beautiful babes, and other stuff about guitar equipment.
- Getting the best from using technology without losing the soul of the song.
- Art can stimulate and bless your mind and soul
- Creating our own art, as well as enjoying and sharing other’s art can really enhance our lives
Featured Websites That I love
- Online resources that benefit my life, hope they’ll benefit yours too
- Because I am into healthy living, and I like to study and learn about everything related to holistic health
- One of my start-up project goals is the opening of a health and wellness facility
- I have crazy experiences with God and angels and seeing wild miracles happen.
Business Projects of Mine
- Fashion design and retail, e-commerce
- NeevusOS – my own GNU/Linux computer operating system
- Building a worldwide online social network
- How I define lifestyle design – “Creating a life lived with purpose, on purpose.”
- Tips and Ideas for helping you create the life you want
- Living life to the full, with adventure, and with great success
- Our world is so fascinating and want to experience it all and share all I can with other’s about the amazing cultural history, languages, sites to see, and peoples of our world.
- I’m a music junky! Funk, Soul, Blues, Country, Alt-Rock, Rap – give me all of it, but none of the super cheesy commercial stuff
- Will be showcasing the musical works of my favorite artist and discussing music art in general
- I play guitar and write songs, maybe I’ll share ; )
Technology and Science
- Of course I can write a lot about both technology and science since they are some of my most passionate interest from an early childhood, beginning with the electronic kits and science kits that were my best friends growing up.
- Because I dig crazy and fun fashions and enjoy to sewing and creating stuff too, of course I’ll be talking all about this subject as well — and BTW…
- I’m the founder of NeevusFashion, check it out!
- My dogs are my best friends and I have always loved animals, expect animal photos and stories to be featured.
- I really want horses again, they were a part of my childhood and honestly I won’t consider my life a total success until the day I have a ranch home with at least two horses to ride.
Poetry, Autobiographical Stories, and Articles I Write
- Expressing myself with poetry comes easy for me, I owe this to having read so much in my lifetime, especially as a child, and also because of practice, I guess – Idk but..
- I enjoyed writing to get my point across, and my writings have been featured here and there, both credited and as a ghost writer.
- My lifetime includes some pretty crazy adventure stories and I expect more to come, so there’s plenty to write about in this regard! So I’m working on turning my private journals into an autobiography which I’ll publish here as blog posts.
Thanks for coming by, stay tuned for all of this and more…
Posted in Art, Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Business, Coffee, Family, Fashion, Featured Websites, Films, Health, Historical, Jesus Revolution, Music, Poetry, Science, Technology, Travel, Various Miscellaneous and tagged 1995, 2009, 2010, Alvarez Electric, austin, Australia, Ben and Stephanie Dun, ben brown, Bible, Billy Corgan, birthday, bluehosting.com, brent, brent christian, BrenT's ThoughtS, brigette, Caleb Christian, cd release, Cinta, cloud computing, Divine Appointments, dot coms, end abortion, Facebook, Family, fasting, favorite band, favorite holiday, fun, Gabriel, Glory, God, God.Tv, google, google is the devil, google sux, healing power, I am a genius, Indonesia, Israel, Jesus Christ Superstar, Jesus Revolution, Jesus saves all, John and Lily Crowder, Joshia, Kenya, Kim Walker, Lecrae, leper colonies, life, Life of the Party, life questions, Linux, make money online, Mark Gajiwala, Misty Edwards, Mr. Wizard, new beginnings, Newsboys, North Holywood, one post to rule them all, Opensource Software, Oriental Teas, Oversold The Movie, Passion of the Christ, real estate, Something About Sunday, Starla Christian, tourism, wired by Brent with no comments yet.
hey, it’s MY Birthday!
ooh I worked so hard to not have to work on my birthday, but ended up having to anyways!!! I certainly couldn’t let that upset me, besides, some reason I always work on my birthday! …I think it has something to do with being born on Labor Day, I don’t know LOL.
Yesterday I met a young man who had hurt his back. It was very obvious he was in a lot of pain, he shouldn’t have even been at work for he could barely do his job in that state. I knew I was supposed to pray for him, and was able to catch up with him just as he was leaving work to go see a doctor for his symptoms. I asked him if he believed in Jesus, to which he responded yes. However, I could discern that he did not really have a relationship Him. Nonetheless, I gave testimony about Jesus as healer and he allowed me to quickly pray for his back. As I prayed, I knew that his faith was being greatly increased. At that point, I knew he was going to be healed and could foresee that God would use this healing to allow me to witness to him more later. Today I got that chance. When he saw me at work, he excitedly yelled out to me from the far end of a hallway, “Hey man! That prayed worked!” He came to show me that his back was indeed healed. I encouraged him to read the Bible for himself to see what Jesus was all about, instead of just letting a bunch of religious garbage pollute his mind. He agreed to that. Amen! It was definitely worth being at work, even on my birthday, to learn that someone I had previously prayed for had been healed! It was like a b-day gift.
Later, I was not feeling too well because I was so tired. I had worn myself out working this contract, how I thank God that today was the last! The computers I had to set up where being stored in another building on the grounds so I had a lot of extra work just moving them to where they needed to be. I headed down into the basement of the building to pull them up, when this interesting day-dream like thought arrested my attention…
I though about celebrating my birthday with this woman, Brigette, whom I previously met a few weeks ago. Although we only briefly met in an airport, I really liked her and wished I could have gotten to know her better. To be spending my time with someone such as her would certainly have been a much more ideal birthday than to be stuck working today! My mind curiously wandered on about Brigette. It had been nearly 3 months since we met, and I couldn’t stop thinking about her. No other girl had ever captivated this much of my interest, not even close.
Feeling light-headed and hungry, I sat down to reflect on my day and to take a break. I could have easily fallen asleep down in that basement and even considered taking a nap right there, but I also wanted to get this job over with – no way would I be coming back to work again tomorrow! So pushing onward I began loading my cart with ‘stupid computers’.
Then suddenly, I had this overwhelming impression in my spirit… ‘Today is Brigette’s Birthday!!’
I quickly reminded myself that, “today is MY birthday NOT hers!” hmm “…what, was I crazy??” Nonetheless, the thought was so real is seemed that it must be true. What if it was. How amazing would it be to share the same birthday as this dream girl who so impressed me. So I began to pray that, if in fact it actually was her b-day, she would have an extremely enjoyable one and that she would be kept safe if she went out to party. In that moment of prayer, I had a vision!
In the vision, I found myself at her birthday party which was being held outside in a park. In the vision I held a small gift behind me as I waited for the right time to walk up and present myself along with the gift, then when I eventually did she warmly greeted me with a hug. Wow. Strange. Lovely.
What interesting event in the middle of an otherwise dull workday! No matter how crazy it seemed, it was certainly welcome. As I plowed on through quite a challenging workday I found myself wanting that lovely vision become true!
Later in the day my work took me over to another facility where I began to have a much better day!
Upon arrival, I was catered to by all the friendly staff and the administrator had lunch brought to me. Then I was totally caught by surprise when an entourage of nurses came around the corner singing to me in harmony… I blushed. Thanks to my new friend Flavia, word had gotten out! After that, I got sung the birthday song everywhere I went throughout the rest of my day and felt exceptionally important when friendly strangers saluted me all over the building with “Happy Birthday, Brent!”.
When I got home, I laid down to take a nap before going out. My thoughts turned back to wondering about that vision I had… what about Brigette’s birthday.. was she having a good one? I really hoped so.. but wait… was it even really her birthday!? I jumped up and went to the computer, I had to see about this girl. Thank God for Facebook. With a quick search, I got a reality check…no…
I was not crazy! We indeed do share the same Birthday! AMAZING
Wish I could give her a birthday present today or just let her know I was thinking about her!
In the evening after waking from my nap Leonard took me out to eat at a nice Italian restaurant. We had a good time talking about our work together and our future. There was prophetic insight to be had from the meal. We were each given large menus, and I was also handed a smaller menu which had dinner specials. I quickly observed that this smaller menu offered us a much better deal. It included double portions at the same price the larger menus listed for only a single entrée. It was easy to agree that using this smaller menu was the way to go! I felt God was reassuring me that both of us will enjoy a double portion blessing for working together in Kingdom Business. I also thought of the larger menu as the broad way which leads to destruction, and the smaller one as following Wisdom along the narrow path to Life.
I came home and wrote here all about my day, hopefully it was a good read for someone out there. I know it will be an interesting record of a day in the life of Brent – and on my B-day!
Now I’m gonna relax a bit while I read. Probably fall asleep after such a good meal. I’m so thankful to God that my job is over, I’ve got money for my upcoming trip to Indonesia, I’m alive and with full use of my legs, and Jesus is my best friend. I’ve got a great life!
Thank you Jesus for giving me an awesome birthday!
Posted in Biography, BrenT's ThoughtS, Jesus Revolution and tagged birthday, brent, brigette, christian, healing, Jesus Revolution, visions by Brent with 2 comments.
“58 and feeling great!”
“58 and feeling great!”
Those were the words of my dear dad when I called to check on his birthday experience. He also shared with me that he can now get his boots back on, which means that he’s recovered from some recent ‘bangs ups’ out there on the road! Just shy of turning 58 years of age, this wild cowboy was recently participating once more as a contestant after many years of retirement. He says he may have finally rode his last… but I certianly won’t be betting on it. As Garth Brook sang, “he just can’t quit this thang they call a rodeo!” LOL
Since he’s out there on the road traveling, he celebrated his birthday with no family around. That certianly didn’t stop this cowboy from having fun though! He took himself out bowling and to play some pool, two of his other favorite activities. Because of the Joy of Jesus he’s often cheerful no matter what, but I know he would have enjoyed showing me up on the pool table if I could have been there and that he missed all of his children today.
When I called, he was on his way to get ready (in prayer) to minister at yet another rodeo. Yes, my dad is a “travelin’ rodeo preacher man” , and a wonderful one at that. I’m very grateful to have a God-loving and God-fearing father who taught me all about Jesus. I miss him, as it’s been a year now since I’ve last visited him (for his birthday), just before I moved even farther away. LOL It reminds me, how I can’t wait till I get back to Texas… Yeeehaaaaww!!!
I leave you to enJOY these AWESOME messages from my amazing Dad:
Posted in Family and tagged birthday, brent christian, Christian Cowboys and Friends, cowboys, dad, evangelist, father, fun, Jesus Revolution, on the road, preacher, rodeo, Ronnie Christian, traveling by Brent with no comments yet.