What are Nephelim?
I have studied a great deal about certian giants which are weird (demonic) hybrid offspring of fallen angels and human women. They are known as the Nephilim.
The interbreeding into the human race was a strategic attempt by satan to pervert the bloodline of humans for the purpose of further corrupting God’s people and preventing my Lord Jesus from being born of the pure and royal blood line of which He descended from despite these irruptions.
This satanic attempt at defiling God’s people happened both before the Great Flood and after the Flood.
Only Noah and his family who had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Genesis 6:9) were kept alive during God’s flood in which He used to wipe out this sinful and intermixed race of people. The iniquity (sin which had passed down from generation to generation) in the days of Noah had reach its peak when God said, “My Spirit shall not always strive with man.”
Later in scripture we learn of nephelim opposing God when they occupied ancient Jericho city.
They were then destroyed when God gave this land of Jericho (“The Promised Land”) to the Hebrew children. In opposition to God’s will, the Canaanites had involved themselves in baal worship. (…which continues today, its heavy influence being seen in pornography and the permission of abortion) As sinfullness increased among the Canaanites giving way to greater demonic activity, fallen angels began to breed with mankind again as it had occurred in the days of Noah. God used Israel to drive out these wicked people-turned-nephelim who occupied the land which belongs to Him and forbid Israel to save alive any of that city’s horribly corrupt (morally and genetically) inhabitants.
Again, the nephilim where found at the time which David became King over Israel. The tribe of the Philistines who where sworn enemies of Israel also had in them such mixture of fallen angel with humans. Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. There is now record of Goliath’s family, both in the Bible and in archaeological findings, showing that they where indeed giants and literal freaks of nature. One of Goliath’s kinsmen was recorded as having six fingers and six toes.
The Hebrew word Nephelim (plural of nephel) (Nephilim) literally means “rejects”.
It appears that these fallen angels were active all over the world and are found echoed in the legends and myths of nearly every ancient culture. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, the Hindus, the South Sea Islanders, the American Indians, and most all the others have these legends.
What about giants in the land today??
Genesis 6:1-8 which I have copied below for reference is far more than simply a historical record. The unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of Jesus’ words regarding His second coming, which can be found in Luke 17:26 and also in Mathew 24:37 which says, “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.”
“Sons of God” in the following passages are well recognized as “angels of God” of which could be interpreted from the original text as well as noted in context. (or understood from divine revelation)
Genesis 6: 1-8 Original KJV:
1. And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence
12. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
As In The Days of Noah – Misty Edwards
God says, “My people perish from lack of knowledge.”
Because it is not His will that any should perish, He gave us every amazing word of the Bible to study and meditate on. From this we are able to gain wisdom and even knowledge of eternal life.
God says in His word, “If any man lack Wisdom let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally” We also learn from the Bible that, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
Jesus was the word of God made manifest in the earth, He only did and spoke out what He saw and heard His father in heaven doing and speaking. His words are Life to those who find it!!!
The Bible gives us these words of life, “For God so loved the world that the sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
So…. we need not perish, but instead have eternal life through Jesus who also said, ” Freely you have received, now freely give…”
If we speak His words, we speak eternal life to those around us just as He did and taught us to also do. God’s Word also says, “how can they know unless they have been told??” and again, “Go into all the earth and proclaim the good news, even to the ends of the earth!!”
This makes known the importance of reading and studying God’s Word, to better know Jesus since He and His Word are one and to be able to share Him with others. For what can you give away that you don’t truly possess?
This is why God says, “Hide my word in your heart” …because what’s in you will surely come out of you!!
Posted in Historical and tagged Giants, God, Goliath, Israel, Luke 17:26, Men of Renown, Nephelim, Nephilim, Nephlim, Noah, Promise Land, rainbow, The Flood, The Last Days by Brent with 4 comments.